About Me

My photo
I am a bohemian nomad, someone who acts and lives free of regard for conventional rules and practices, but also one who moves according to the seasons. After traveling to over 100 countries and all 7 continents over the past 12 years I feel that I truly subscribe to the words of Mary Poxon, who said. "I sought to see the amazing as normal and the daily as unique, and in that swirling paradox I found the joy of travel." I will be forever in pursuit of new sights and adventures and hope that maybe I can convince a few more to give budget travel a chance. Budget travel gives those with little money an opportunity to travel and those with money an opportunity to travel longer.

Thursday, November 27, 2014

UKRAINE, Lviv

October 4, 2014.   (UKRAINE,  Lviv)

After horrendous night on overnight bus which was so cramped I finally arrived in Lviv, Ukraine before daylight. Decided to pay for taxi because it was still dark and had difficult time finding anyone who spoke English or understood where I wanted to go. Finally found someone. Ironically the Hostel is in the Main Square with a huge banner on the building viewable by everyone. Could not check in for 6 hours as it was full so exhaustion had to wait. Left my bag and started seeing the sights which are not as many as I anticipated. Saw all the sights during the day after couple hours of sleep. Lviv is the most Ukranian of any ciy in the Ukraine with much of the eastern part being Ukraine/Russian, hence the hostilities. I also happened to be there on "Bride Saturday" with new  brides and their husbands roaming the streets with photographers. Lot of people getting married here.










































No comments:

Post a Comment