About Me

My photo
I am a bohemian nomad, someone who acts and lives free of regard for conventional rules and practices, but also one who moves according to the seasons. After traveling to over 100 countries and all 7 continents over the past 12 years I feel that I truly subscribe to the words of Mary Poxon, who said. "I sought to see the amazing as normal and the daily as unique, and in that swirling paradox I found the joy of travel." I will be forever in pursuit of new sights and adventures and hope that maybe I can convince a few more to give budget travel a chance. Budget travel gives those with little money an opportunity to travel and those with money an opportunity to travel longer.

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

MACEDONIA, Ohrid

October 16, 2014

Arrived in Ohrid last night after 3.5 hour bus ride from Skopje. Now time to tell on myself which is usually amazing but "stuff" happens backpacking. Lol  after arriving at the bus station I looked at my directions to the hostel which claimed it was only a 3 minute walk. I, of course, refused advances by taxi divers. Long story short. After an hour of looking for the street, I looked back at reservation on my mini ipad and realized I booked the hostel in Skopje and not Ohrid. I had changed my plans at last minute to go to Ohrid but forgot about changing hostel plans. Lol Anyway, taxi driver led me to my current hostel which is amazing. Life goes on. Visited Church St. John and Samuel's Castle which have amazing views of Ohrid and the lake.




















































No comments:

Post a Comment